Filter by a topic of your interest
- (-) Remove Equality filter Equality
- (-) Remove Health filter Health
- (-) Remove Sector Issues filter Sector Issues
- (-) Remove Social Policy filter Social Policy
- Education (5) Apply Education filter
- Funding (3) Apply Funding filter
- Justice (2) Apply Justice filter
- Mental Health (2) Apply Mental Health filter
- Politics (2) Apply Politics filter
- Economy (1) Apply Economy filter
- Environment (1) Apply Environment filter
- Human Rights (1) Apply Human Rights filter
Global goals lack local focus
The UN Sustainable Development Goals are nearly four years old. High-level strategies for the world (or 193 UN member nations) to build a “better and more sustainable future”. Too few people know what they are.
Childcare provision is good but there are problems with affordability and sustainability
Last month, Employers for Childcare released their ninth annual NI Childcare Cost Survey. The burden on families is enormous - but providers are also under huge strain. Reform (financial assistance and restructuring) is required.
Secular disagreements and the risk of circular discussions
Northern Ireland - like much of the world - is becoming more secular. However, this means different things to different people, which makes the process more difficult.
The ongoing perils of our year of non-governance
Stormont collapsed 12 months ago leaving Northern Ireland in stasis while Brexit plans are shaped and the health service crumbles. Here we look at NICVA’s response to a Westminster consultation on the crisis.
Making the Global Goals relevant for citizens
Scope talks with the Northern Ireland Environment Link about their plans to improve awareness and understanding of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Transforming Your Care and the third sector
Health reform is moving slowly and faces many difficulties - but it is still moving and there are huge opportunities for the community and voluntary organisations to improve people's lives within the changing structures.
Outcomes and the Programme for Government
The new PfG - currently under construction, intertwined with sticky negotiations over the Executive - will be "outcomes-based". What does this mean? Surely this can't be new? Scope looks at a new model for all sectors.