Filter by a topic of your interest
- (-) Remove Education filter Education
- (-) Remove Equality filter Equality
- (-) Remove Health filter Health
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Social Policy filter Social Policy
- Community Relations (2) Apply Community Relations filter
- Economy (2) Apply Economy filter
- Environment (2) Apply Environment filter
- Politics (2) Apply Politics filter
- Sector Issues (2) Apply Sector Issues filter
- Funding (1) Apply Funding filter
- Justice (1) Apply Justice filter
- Peace Process (1) Apply Peace Process filter
- Social Inclusion (1) Apply Social Inclusion filter
- Welfare Reform (1) Apply Welfare Reform filter
Autism petition approaches 10,000 signatures
Autism NI is calling for mandatory autism training for all teachers in Northern Ireland –organising a petition they will present at Stormont next month. Scope speaks with CEO Kerry Boyd.
What can’t we afford? How economic inequality is about more than paying bills
If wealth, rather than ability, drives educational achievement, we have to think hard about how we structure society to compensate for this.
Global goals lack local focus
The UN Sustainable Development Goals are nearly four years old. High-level strategies for the world (or 193 UN member nations) to build a “better and more sustainable future”. Too few people know what they are.
Quality of life is easy to understand but difficult to pin down
Reform is possible in NI, even without a government. Officials last week published a paper seeking to understand what is meant by “quality of life” – with the ultimate aim of improving the lot of adults and children with disabilities.
A lifetime of Early Years
Siobhan Fitzpatrick CBE, CEO of Early Years - the organisation for young people, was awarded an honorary doctorate by QUB last week. Scope talks with her about four decades of pioneering child development.
Consistency needed for children whose lives lack just that
Last month saw horrific revelations concerning separated children within Northern Ireland. Scope hears how implementation of already-passed legislation could make huge improvements.
Sinn Fein Assembly manifesto for 2016
We continue to look at the main party's manifestos ahead of the Assembly elections - and find that Sinn Fein's document is unsurprising.
UUP manifesto - education "the priority"
The latest major party manifesto to be released ahead of the Assembly elections comes from the UUP. Scope takes a look.